Thursday 19 April 2012

Random Thursdays Arrives

My first random Thursday and have my thoughts been random today!!

Have you ever noticed that you can't find something when you are looking for it? I know, I know, once you have found it you are no longer looking, that is not what I meant! I mean when shopping, if you go out with no idea of what you are looking for, or even no money to spend, then you seem to be surrounded by things you like and want to buy. The minute you have money, or have something specific you need to buy, there is nothing in sight!! This has plagued me for the last six months. I have been looking for some jewellery to wear with an outfit for a wedding and eventually today I have found it. I wanted to dance around the shop shouting HALLELUJAH at the top of my voice. My kids were grateful, however, that I refrained and opted instead to thank the assistant profusely for his patience following the half hour it took me to decide! Now all I need is........

Almost immediately after this I spent a good 15 minutes wondering what the best seagull defence technique is whilst eating an ice cream; to prevent it being stolen and eaten by said pesky birds. Do you spend your life shooing and not actually eating, thus leaving the delicious, in this case turkish delight flavoured, ice cream open to attack? Do you go for the good old fashioned stoop over the delicious treat stealing licks in between look out duty, risking an unsightly ice cream addition to your outfit? Or is the best thing to just eat and enjoy, ignoring the hawk like gaze waiting for you to become distracted leaving an opening to swoop in. Random I know, but a funny way to be distracted whilst watching boats bob on the water sat on the river bank.

view image here

Just to make this post a little bit more random I saw some beautiful sights around today so I thought I would share some images with you.



Even on a rainy day there are still those little moments that bring a smile to your face like; rainbows or simply getting soaked whilst running for cover in a down pour that arrives out of the blue, then falling about laughing because you are so wet!




Final random share for today, this cute little flower growing in the most unlikely of places; in a crevice in a wall! If this little chappy can hang on and put out such a lovely display of flowers in such a tiny and inhospitable place, surely we can hang on and put on our own display, even if things conspire to make it hard for us!


Magic Moment:

My magic moment today comes to you courtesy of my other half jumping up and down like a big kid at the window of a bakery. He had seen the biggest iced belgian bun we have ever seen, with a cherry on the top. It was nice to see his inner child make an appearance, and yes the nibble I had tasted goood! Sorry, there is no picture of this one...it didn't last long enough for me to get the camera out!!!

I hope you have enjoyed my random thoughts for today, just a little insight into my mind! What random thoughts have you had today?






8 comments:

  1. It sounds as if you are finally having fun on your hols! No real random thoughts for today - I think I need a little holiday it has just been all work, work, work : ( I have made some new earrings though x what do you think? x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is so fabulous. Yes, I definitely battle with the whole can't-find-things thing. And yes, it drives me crazy, but then yes, I jump up and down when I am able to finally find the things I want. Almost as if the going crazy makes the joy that much bigger.

    Loved your pictures. Loved your magic moment. Loved how you worded it: "It was nice to see his inner child make an appearance..." Oh, this was so perfect.

    I'd say Random Thursday's first performance was all in all perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a whole lot of Love, thank you for the warm fuzzy feeling I now have, even though my house is freezing after being empty for two weeks!

      Delete
  3. That flower is fantastic. What a great reminder of the possibilities if we don't give up.
    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting and the Love, much appreciated and back at ya!

      Delete
  4. A couple of days late--but I had some seagull moments today myself. There were fifteen or twenty of them circling and squawking over the parking lot at the grocery store. We have quite a flock in town though we are several hours from any large body of water. Hearing the ruckus they make always reminds me of being at the ocean--which I miss desperately. Fortunately, ours aren't brazen enough to steal food directly from our hands--yet. Loved the image of your other half's inner child. Nothing lures out the inner child like enormous pastry, huh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, pastries every time!! If it is any consolation we have only been home a few days and I am missing the seaide desperately too!
      Ps Thanks for the follow :-)

      Delete

Penny for your thoughts

PS Thanks for taking the time to stop by