Tuesday 10 July 2012

Weekend Wonders - Mud, Petrol Heads and Strawberries

So, given the title are you confused yet??

I have had such a lovely weekend that I thought I just had to share it with you, even though I am writing this on a Monday night and probably won't post it until early Tuesday morning so it is technically speaking not a 'weekend wonder' but what the hell I like breaking rules!

It started on Friday night drinking a bottle of wine and chatting to a friend (who is not my husband!) for five whole hours. I have no idea how we filled the time but I loved every minute of it and it was definitely worth the slightly fuzzy head the morning after!! There is something quite special about sharing a moan or a secret with a female friend that I have never really indulged in before, however I will definitely be doing so again!!

Then Saturday morning I got to shop, who doesn't love that!!! Now normally at this point I would consider my weekend complete and it could be in the running for a spot in my top ten weekends, yes I am very easily pleased, however it was no where near over. The girls had been packed off to Granny's for the weekend and we set off on our little adventure.

The British Grand Prix! Sorry I am getting my giddies now. There were a number of things that could go wrong; potential closure of the car parks (with not many alternative ways to get there), collection of tickets on the day at the event, the weather! Hence my usual giddiness didn't hit before the event. However we made it there, actually to the best parking space we have ever had at the event, the tickets were collected without a problem and the rain held off in the run up to the race. I even got to have starwberries and cream when I got into the track. The only downside...the tickets ended up being in a grandstand made out of glorified mechano, ok so that was a slight over exaggeration scaffolding but given my fear of heights (which is getting better) to sit up there was a little nerve wracking. Yet when the race was under way I forgot all about where I was and loved every minute! I thought I would share a few photos of the day:




This is how muddy some parts around the track were, and worse!


The Red Arrows show before the race.


The other half sporting opposing team colours, good job I love him!


Me getting into the spirit of things.


Picture of the McLaren garages thought the barriers on our post race walk down the pit straight.


Even some cute cars to look at whilst sat in the queue to get out of the car park!


In short a really great weekend was had, just back to reality now :-(





4 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing ur weekend hun x I'm not really a grand prix sort of girl but it looks like you had fun and a bit of time together without the girls x x We definitely need a catch-up soon <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks chick, it was great to have some grown up time for a change and definitely fun!! A catch up is in order for sure!

      Delete
  2. Oh my, you're too fabulous. Really. This sounded like a great adventure and I loved the pics. I loved that you painted your face! So much fun.

    You're getting your giddies now...this made me chuckle...I know exactly what you mean. So many things canceled or postponed. I'm glad you got to live this plan all the way through :)

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts

PS Thanks for taking the time to stop by