Wednesday 10 October 2012

Friends and Flowers

Colorful Flower Garden"If I had a flower for every time I thought of you...I could walk through my garden forever."

― Lord Alfred Tennyson















I have been thinking a lot today about friends and how well we know the people we love (yes blogging friends you only have yourselves to blame). Tangled Lou and Margi at The M Half met up recently and their experience coupled with a.eye's post at Shouldn't Life Be More Thank This? really got my thinking cogs turning.

Have you ever been really down in the dumps; missing something or someone so much it hurts, or simply fed up with what life is throwing at you? Next thing you find out a friend is on the downside to. Suddenly your troubles don't seem so bad, you are now occupied trying to figure out how to cheer said friend up. Does this happen to anyone else or is this just another quirk d'Sleepy?

 
It hurts when you look so down
How can I disappear your frown?
It hurts when you look so stressed
I wish I could help you worry less!
It hurts when I don't know what to do
Making me realise I really don't know you
Let me in and tell me why
Before your pain causes me to cry.
 
In times like these I just hope they know I have a very pretty and colourful garden (at least in my head anyway!) I just hope that that is enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts

PS Thanks for taking the time to stop by