Sunday 4 November 2012

Day 4 NaBloPoMo - Small Stone Sunday

 
'Phil's dead!' He's still and cold
Let's wear black while we dig the hole
We've drawn him pictures, he was very old.
 
Today the house is in mourning. Today I will don my boots, grab my shovel and bury another member of the family under the patio (ok maybe that would be a little drastic, under ther cherry blossom in the border will do).
 
I thought I would expand today's small stone post to explain our hamster was old, but he lived a full life. Even on the way home from the pet store he explored his cage well, earning him the name Phileas Fogg (he must have done the cicuit around those tubes at least 80 times!) He explored the back of the book shelves and under the floor. He loved a spot of cheese and could escape his excercise ball in the blink of an eye. We will miss him, but I won't miss kneeling with my ass in the air trying to coax him back to his cage!
 
Today we will wear black, why is that?? If anyone wears black to my funeral I will haunt them forever, but that is a whole other morbid post!
 
On a happier note on to the first of my shout outs for the Wonderful Team Membership Award. This goes to Deb at Kicking Corners, she was my first blog crush and has become my 'best friend that I have never met'. I have recently been spending a lot of time catching up with things I missed on her blog before I discovered her, click here to catch up on her journey so far and can't wait until she is published so I can jump into a longer instalment of her amazing writing. Over to you Deb ;-)

11 comments:

  1. Sorry for your loss.

    And, I think you were the one who introduced me to Kicking Corners a while back. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's ok he was old!

      Can't believe I introduced you to another blog, how cool is that!! I feel like I have just made it officially into the blogging world :-D

      Delete
  2. Oh poor Phil! I too am sorry for your loss. This makes me remember when our hamster died. It was an evil little thing with beady red eyes. Her name was baby and she would bite. So ... we were all sad when she died, but secretly a tiny bit relieved.

    I'm going to go check out Kicking Corners now... (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sad with a tiny bit of relief is just the way to describe it, the girls didn't even cry this time!

      Delete
  3. Awww poor Phil :'( I remember when we lost Caramel (our hamster) I was absolutely devastated...but not as devastated as her next door (cage) neighbour Rocky who died about a week after. He spent most of his time after she'd gone with his nose between the bars of his cage trying to sniff the bars of hers for any sign that she was still there.

    It was so sad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww that is so sad, I kind of feel like one of those characters in a book or film (can't think of one off the top of my head) that says 'I haven't cried yet'

      Maybe we are getting to used to our small pets dying, maybe we had better not get anymore!! Eeek

      Delete
  4. You make me blush. Huge chunks of thanks to you, chicka. I also can't wait until the whole publishing gig gets up and running so you can read and give me feedback on the longer bit. Yay for happy thoughts of future comings! I'm keeping my fingers crossed and looking at the glass as half-full, eh? Rather than grumping around about how hard the whole process is. Blah, blah. You know how it is ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always figure as long as the glass still has something in it I'm all good. Even better when there are great friends around to get another round in and fill it to the top again. Consider yours topped up for a little while and you know where I am if it starts to run low again ;-)

      I love the future, you never know what it may hold (or in your case we do and I can't wait!!)

      Keep smiling!!

      Delete
  5. I love visiting Deb over at Kicking Corners--there's always something over there to make me think or smile.

    I also love that you turned Phil's passing into a small stone. I think there is something sweet and vaguely hilarious about pet funerals--especially for the itty-bitty furry rodent type pets. I guess I'm just weird that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely funny, me in the garden in PJ's and boots digging a hole for a yoghurt box!!

      And Deb certainly makes you think ;-) Love her (Love you all)

      Delete

Penny for your thoughts

PS Thanks for taking the time to stop by