Wednesday 5 December 2012

Day 5 NaBloPoMo December - Blog Hop

So we all know about the big name books *ahem* EL James *ahem* and the rest of us lowly writers harbour no jealous feelings towards them and their success....honest!

Anyway this blog hop is designed to highlight some authors that you may not have heard of or writers yet to catch a break. The hop is really more of a game of tag; I was tagged by Lo Johnston, pop over and visit her. You can find out more about the book she is working on and follow her to twitter etc....

So all I have to do is tell you all about a book of mine (yeah, not written yet) or work in progress (phew) and then tag 5 other writers to do the same (who will post their answers around 9th January 2013). So here goes.......

1: What is the working title of your book?

Secrets of our Soul.

2: Where did the idea come from for the book?

The characters kind of crept up on me if I am honest. There have been many things that have conspired together to give me this idea (which I am still not sure is book worthy, we'll see)

3: What genre does your book fall under?

Soppy romance (another reason I am not sure, I am more of a fantasy/supernatural kind of girl with a sprinkling of romance so I am not quite sure why this is the story my mind wants to write?!)

4: Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?

Oh jeese, I have no idea. I know who wouldn't play the main characters...It wouldn't be the likes of Johnny Depp, Daniel Craig or Zak Effron. My characters are not the overtly good looking of confident celebrity, they are more understated and unassuming!

5: What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?

Faith and Dan are happy in their lives, until they meet each other. There is a connection, one that they try to fight and one that ultimately destroys everything....or does it.

6: Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?

See above, I am not even sure this will make it to being a book. We will see how it evolves.

7: How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?

Apparently being in the very early stages of a work in progress means I get to skip a few of these questions ;-)

8: What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?

It is not a genre I tend to read although it does have a feel of the Nicholas Sparks books (well the films they have been made into anyway!)

9: Who or What inspired you to write this book?

There are a few sources of inspiration; Paulo Coelho's Brida and some of the ideas raised in it, a variety of songs, some images, a friend and too much more to list here.

10: What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?

There is a touch of tragedy, a non-traditional happyish ending, some amazing chemistry and a great sound track


So now I get to tag four fabulous writers (mostly so I can be nosey and find out more about their books), here's hoping that one of you are the 'next big thing'

Deb at Kicking Corners

Jewels at Frazzled and Frumpy

Loki-Lou at The Modfather

Margi at The M Half of the M-n-J Show

Now we all have something to look forward to in the new year.



5 comments:

  1. Great idea! I'm excited that you're working more with Faith and Dan! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You like it?? Ha, Let's see if you still think that when I get going on it ;-)

      Delete
    2. Yay! I remember this post! And Faith and Dan! Woohoo! :-)

      Delete
  2. Erm....erm....can I just put "pffffffttttt no idea" for all answers?

    (Yay to more Faith and Dan btw).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, as long as we are thinking about our ides, right?!?!

      You like Faith and Dan?? Hmmm, you might go off them when you find out more about them :-/ eep.

      Delete

Penny for your thoughts

PS Thanks for taking the time to stop by